Exhibits safety practices involved in MIG, constant voltage and wire feed welding. Weld with hard wire using short circuit and describes the gases used in gas metal arc welding. Provides safety practices involved in gas metal arc, intro to welders math and touches on weld and welding symbols used in blue prints and drawings.
- Weld and welding symbols
- welders buleprint reading
- Perform 1,2,3G (flat, horizontal, verticle) and 1,2,3F (T-joint)
- Ability to identify weld defects/flaws
- Understand basic metallurgy and charateristics
- Identify and learn weld types ( joints, tacks, fillet welds, etc.)
- Prepare for AWS 3G certification standards and MIG II course